Sunday, October 29, 2006

Thanks for your prayers!


The camp for the kids went great! After the first night I was chatting online with Anja, the girl who initiated this camp and I asked her how she thought it went and she said, "well, my goals were that the kids would feel loved and see that you can have fun without alcohol and I think they felt those things so I'm glad!" We're so proud of her for all the thinking and organizing she did and including the other students. It was fun to see them giving their hearts to the little kids that came.

Erin Thomas arrived safe and sound and with all her luggage this morning! It's so great to have her back again...it feels so normal, like she never left! The students are all excited to have her here as well. We've got to get her over jetlag so she can step into all of her relationships again!

Speaking of stepping into relationships...she jumped right in tonight at the concert! It was a wonderful concert. A Slovene woman from Novo Mesto in Slovenia had traveled to California to help the team learn how to pronounce Slovene so many of their songs were in Slovene as well as several in English with Slovene translation. There was drama and slide productions and testimonies as well. I believe the LORD has really used these concerts to draw Slovene hearts to His these past 10 days! It was so fun to see many of our students there and several with their parents and siblings as well. It's not very often that Slovenes have a chance to see and hear people truly worshipping the LORD and I believe they are drawn to experiencing that for themselves. I spent much of the time out in the foyer with Abigail and a young girl that was working at the theatre asked me, "are these songs that you sing during the "Mass" in your church? They're beautiful songs!" I pray that the LORD would continue to draw their hearts toward worship of Him as they remember the words they heard and read tonight.

No comments: