A new sexual revolution has started here in Slovenia...with three 16 year old girls. Nika, Tjasa & Anja (left to right in the picture) have all three decided to wait for sex until they are married. We all finished the Purity Study we've been doing...(it's a 4 week study that we turned into a 9 month project!) and the three girls decided that they agreed with what the Bible has to say about purity. Their friends at school are telling them that
"they're crazy...there are no slovene guys that will want to date them with that sort of committment",
"they'll never find a boyfriend", but these girls have decided that it doesn't matter to them. They are willing to wait and see what the LORD has in store for them.

Joel and I went out to coffee with them this evening and Joel shared from a guy's perspective issues about dating and physical intimacy. After that we talked about their decisions to wait and what that means for them now and in the future and then gave them all silver rings that read, TRUE LOVE WAITS. Joel and I came home so excited about what the LORD has done in their hearts and is continuing to do. We pray that the LORD will use these three girls to start a new revolution here in Slovenia and draw hearts to His.
4 comments:
This is great news! As a co-founder and the coordinator of True Love Waits, it's always a blessing to here about commitments students make to remain sexually abstinent until marriage. And what a blessing to know that there are significant adults in the lives of these students who continue to encourage and support them in their decisions.
Jimmy Hester
Coordinator, True Love Waits
This is awesome and it is extremely encouraging that these young ladies are heading in this direction. I noticed that Jimmy posted here, and I wanted to include a link to a podcast we produced last week that features Jimmy and Andrew Mwenge, a pastor in Uganda, talking about the difference TLW has made in that country in saving lives through decreasing AIDS (as a result of following God's plan for human sexuality).
You can find it at www.lifeway.com/insidelifeway. I think you and the girls will find it an encouragement that they are part of a worldwide movement of young people who agree with Scripture.
Chris Turner
Media Relations Manager - LifeWay
Way to go girls!I can't wait to give you a big hug when I see you next. Love, Kitty
What an amazing impact you have both made in the lives of these young women. God is truly using you as a light for Him in a country that needs His love. See you soon.
Melanie
Post a Comment