He settles the barren woman in her home
as a happy mother of children.
as a happy mother of children.
Praise the LORD.
Psalm 113:9
Psalm 113:9
I read that verse several years ago after a surgery I had to remove a septum from my uterus. The Doctor told me that most likely it was the cause of the miscarriages I'd been having and that now, I would be able to have children "no problem".
I remember reading that verse and writing in my journal..."is this a promise from you God?" I didn't feel like I could claim it as a "promise"...my heart had hoped too many times at that point and been disappointed, hurt, broken, sometimes resigned to hopelessness, that I was afraid to claim it as a promise from the Lord to me.
A few days after I read that verse, Terry Jackson wrote that same reference out on a piece of paper and gave it to me during a staff meeting. Tears filled my eyes that the Lord had given him those words for me too, but still, I was too scared to claim those words as truth from the Lord.
Afterall...what if I never would have a baby? Then God would be a liar...and he can't be! What if I got pregnant again and had another miscarriage? Then God would be teasing me, playing with my emotions...and he gave me these desires and emotions. He can't do that.
And actually, after all that, I did get pregnant one more time and it did end up in us losing one more baby to heaven. His name is Isaac. So how could I claim those words???
But I never forgot them.
Usually I read them in a breathless whisper of hope to God that He wouldn't forget me.
And then I got pregnant again.
During the 9 months there was a tinge of fear that "I might lose this one too and here I am actually buying baby things, a crib, clothes, diapers...what if I lose this one too and end up looking like a fool for trusting again?" Thankfully I have a good husband and good friends who called those statements as they were...lies. So most often the 9 months were filled with hope and longing and joy at the anticipation of holding a baby in our arms.
And then she came!
The day after I gave birth Joel brought a printout of all the wonderful emails that people had sent in celebration of Abigail Joy's birth. And at the top of the page Joel had typed out my promise from the Lord.
It's been such a joy to celebrate not really "me" today, but the Lord's goodness, grace, mercy, great love and compassion, and the dear, dear gift in making me the mother of Abigail Joy.
I remember reading that verse and writing in my journal..."is this a promise from you God?" I didn't feel like I could claim it as a "promise"...my heart had hoped too many times at that point and been disappointed, hurt, broken, sometimes resigned to hopelessness, that I was afraid to claim it as a promise from the Lord to me.
A few days after I read that verse, Terry Jackson wrote that same reference out on a piece of paper and gave it to me during a staff meeting. Tears filled my eyes that the Lord had given him those words for me too, but still, I was too scared to claim those words as truth from the Lord.
Afterall...what if I never would have a baby? Then God would be a liar...and he can't be! What if I got pregnant again and had another miscarriage? Then God would be teasing me, playing with my emotions...and he gave me these desires and emotions. He can't do that.
And actually, after all that, I did get pregnant one more time and it did end up in us losing one more baby to heaven. His name is Isaac. So how could I claim those words???
But I never forgot them.
Usually I read them in a breathless whisper of hope to God that He wouldn't forget me.
And then I got pregnant again.
During the 9 months there was a tinge of fear that "I might lose this one too and here I am actually buying baby things, a crib, clothes, diapers...what if I lose this one too and end up looking like a fool for trusting again?" Thankfully I have a good husband and good friends who called those statements as they were...lies. So most often the 9 months were filled with hope and longing and joy at the anticipation of holding a baby in our arms.
And then she came!
The day after I gave birth Joel brought a printout of all the wonderful emails that people had sent in celebration of Abigail Joy's birth. And at the top of the page Joel had typed out my promise from the Lord.
It's been such a joy to celebrate not really "me" today, but the Lord's goodness, grace, mercy, great love and compassion, and the dear, dear gift in making me the mother of Abigail Joy.
11 comments:
His promises are true! He can be trusted and He doesn't lie! Happy Mother's Day!
Not sure what to say as I sit here with tears in my eyes. You are a woman of faith and God has blessed you with a dear, sweet bundle of joy. Happy Mother's Day, Amy!!
God has blessed Abigail with a great mother. (She has a great dad too but since it's not fathers day we won't mention him.)
Love Dad
Amy, you made me teary eyed! :) You are so blessed and you wrote that beautifully. You have an ADORABLE little sweetheart there!! Blessings to you all! :)
She is beautiful... Congrats...
Amy,
Beautiful! Just beautiful! I can't get over the glory that God gets from Abigail's life and from your believing in Him...and from the lives of your children who are with Him, cheering, in heaven right now!
Thank you, Amy Joy. I'm proud of you -- absolutely thrilled for you and Joel.
yeah... tears in my eyes too... and I am not even a mother. I just love you and love the heart God has developed in you and love that you can so eloquently put into writing the things you have written here.
Amy, It is a good thing we can still read your words through tears, they are so filled with hope, honesty and God's timing. Between the words and the picture we get to share in the beauty God is bringing out in you and FROM you. Happy Mother's Day!(Did you know it is actually a 365 day holiday?)Love, Kitty
Thanks so much, Amy. The Lord is going to use all your stories for His glory.
you are such a beautiful family, and such a testement to the grace and faithfulness of Christ- I was moved to tears to read again of your blessings. love to you
Post a Comment