Saturday, October 27, 2007

Making progress

Okay...so I'm sure a few of you out there are laughing at us for complaining about the kitchen taking a month to get finished. I'm sure it's taken a lot longer for other people and we really should just be grateful! We are.

The floors are finished, the walls finished, in fact-Joel's been painting them the past couple days. The electrician and plumber should be coming sometime on Monday or Tuesday to finish up their stuff. I knew that all that had to be finished before the cabinets could be installed and the carpenter asked us to give him a "week's head's-up" so I called him on Thursday to get it scheduled for next Thursday or Friday and forgot about the Slovene holidays, "Day of Reformation" and "Day of the Dead". Bummer...so it will be the following week that the cabinets go in.

The longer we wait, the more we'll appreciate it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like is just about "on time" in this Eastern European work schedule time frame. Hope it does finish up soon. I know how unsettling it is to have your life disrupted and I know a house can't function as a home without a kitchen. Post a photo when it is complete and we'll rejoice with you
Andrea Pitcher

Alison said...

We haven't had a kitchen for a week a half now too! Brandon is finally home from Africa and is starting to put our house together. Maybe our cabinets will go in this week, fingers crossed. Needless to say, I'm empathizing with you guys. And yes, it will be worth it in the end!