We are in our new home now, connected to the internet already! and slowly getting settled. We're without a kitchen for the time being while it's being renovated, but we have our refrigerator plugged in outside in the utility room, fresh food and sandwiches from the deli, and the weather has been nice the past 3 days so we've been able to eat at the table outside. It's like we're camping! It seems like everyday something for getting the kitchen finished is being pushed back a day, so what was supposed to be 14 or so days may end up being a month...we'll see!

We've met all the neighbors around us and there are 3 babies all within a couple months of Abigail. We just got back from having coffee with one set of neighbors where there is a little girl that is 10 months and her boy cousin who is a year. Abigail, who has been talking non-stop lately (even with her hands! So girl!) turned into a quiet observer as both Mommy and Daddy and everyone around her were speaking a different language. It'll be so good for her....and for Mommy.
The second night we were sleeping here a strange sound woke me up at 3am. I heard a faint melodic humming...so strange! I knew it wasn't Abigail and had strange visions of some little girl hiding in the house somewhere humming while playing with her dollie. I woke up Joel to see if he could hear it and sure enough, he could. He said, "it's a cow." So we opened our balcony door and couldn't hear anything, then walked through the house and of course, found no one. We went back up to our room and listened some more...it really did end up being a cow! Just funny new noises to get adjusted to.
The previous owners left a swingset for Abigail and she's loving it! We're all enjoying the ability to be outside of this new home much easier than the previous home. And we're so grateful for the beautiful fall weather!
3 comments:
Joel and Amy,
We are thrilled you guys got moved. And even more special to know we actually saw where you are living. Thanks for the blogs and hope you are all doing well,
Lew & carol
Congrats on the new house! Looks beautiful :)
She is such a cutie! Here it is October and I just got a call from Pastor David that you guys are the Missionaries of the month. I knew that! But... so now I am scrambling to print out the blog and any recent e-mails in order to update the display! I am so excited for you and the new house, wish I could be there. I will write more later, we are going to lunch with Frank and Vicky. We haven't spent any time with them for a while. Love you all very much, Mom
Post a Comment