Tuesday, November 20, 2007

1000%

That's what Domen said on Monday about the kitchen cabinets being delivered and installed for Wednesday. He's already said "100%" a couple of times without delivery, so 1000%, although mathematically impossible, sounds really good about now.

A week ago last Saturday there was a country-wide Women's Conference in Ljubljana. There were over 100 women there and it was so great to see all the different cities and churches represented. The speaker was our own beloved JV Missionary in Czech, Andrea Pitcher. She is an excellent and gifted teacher, anytime I have an opportunity to learn from her, I take it.

So on Monday, she had a special JV Slovenia gals teaching time. And let me tell you...it was RICH! She taught us about "Judgement Statements", which I realized that I'm pretty much full of : ) and their affect on our minds and bodies. The Lord opened my heart and mind that day to some areas where I've been just living in judgements, of myself and others. It was ugly to see that and at the same time, so completely freeing!

I personally worked with Andrea in a relationship that I've felt "stuck" in for quite some time. Wanting to, but not knowing how to move forward and being chained to pain from the past. It was really hard and good. I know Jesus has some more digging to do in my heart with that, but I feel like a huge boulder was lifted that day.

Since then I've done some more "Judgement Statement Work" on my own...even starting my own "Judgement Journal" where I've been working through some judgements that I hold over myself. It's been so refreshing!

In the midst of all this, I've made several jokes about being certain that I've got lots of judgement statements regarding this whole kitchen process. : ) And I also realized that Domen may be operating out of his own judgements about me and how I might respond to him since the cabinets are taking two months to prepare and install.

So I decided to set him free...it was interesting to hear his reaction over the phone and I don't think he quite knew how to respond at the time, but I prayed and prayed afterward that the Lord would cause him to reflect on how I interacted with him. Our Slovene friends have told us many times how a typical Slovene would be responding and treating him and we are definitely not that, so we're praying that Domen might see Christ in us through this process.

He called tonight to say that "for sure" the kitchen is coming tomorrow, it's just a question of "when?". Tee, hee, hee. On Monday he said, 8:00am or 8:30. Tonight he said, 9:00 or 10:00...but they're coming!

And just in time for Thanksgiving! We have a lot to be thankful for this year.

3 comments:

Greg and Andrea said...

Looking forward to seeing the 1000%finished kitchen. :) Glad to hear you had such a encouraging and valuable time at the conference. We peek in on your blog often.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Here's a judgement statement you can always count on Amy.
I love you
Dad

Anonymous said...

What a joy to read! You did some brave work on judgement that day and I was so proud of you. I know GOd was thrilled and singing and cheering over you and your open heart to his work. Glad you're different in the waiting for your cabinets. Also glad that it's 1,000% that they're coming. I rejoice on both accounts!

Andrea