Everything is ready and waiting for the kitchen cabinets to be installed. As you may have read in a previous post...they were supposed to be installed on Monday. Well. They weren't. I called the guy, it was busy. I called again. He said, "Hi. Can I call you back?" Okay. Over an hour later, I thought, 'I'll just send a friendly message asking if the kitchen is complete...' no response. So I called him again a couple hours later. He said, "it will be finished this week." What does "finished" mean? He said, it will be installed by the end of this week. I'll call you on Wednesday. Okay.
So today. I called him. It was busy. I called again. His phone was off. This is getting hard not to take it personal! Is he avoiding me?? I called again a couple hours later. He said, "Can I call you back?" "Yes, you can!" He said, "or better, can you call me at 2:30?" yup. So I call him then. He asks, "when is the last day that you need your kitchen?" (I think, uh...last week.) Instead, I say, "Well, everything is finished, we're just waiting for the cabinets." He said, "oh, okay. The guys say they need 2 more days, it will be finished by the end." What does that mean?! The end of what?? The month? The year?
So we're still waiting.
I was thinking about it though...I have had lessons like this in waiting many times in life and in my walk with the Lord. So why do I strive and struggle? Why do I think it's in this man's hands when really, it's in the Lord's hands. He knows that I'm 8 months pregnant, have a 15 month old, am washing dishes, pots & pans in our bathroom sink, have no counters on which to prepare meals, am gaining extra weight (thank you very much!) from all the eating out we're doing because of all the afore mentioned circumstances. For whatever reason and maybe not even any reason at all, he is choosing for us to wait. And I will choose to wait happily, contentedly, expectantly, joyfully and...(do I dare say it?)...patiently.
3 comments:
Joel, Amy,
This is most frustrating! I often wonder how much business a company would get if they delighted customers by meeting their commitments and proactively communication on issues.
We are praying that the cabinet man gets his act together and you get the kitchen finished really really soon!
We love you and are praying! Lew and Carol
Yup! is right. We who wait upon the Lord will renew our strength. We will mount up with wings like eagles...(even if it is with a little more weight!) If only we would remember this all the time!
Love you, Mom Sorensen
Domen (the cabinet guy) called today and said he'd be calling on Monday to set up a time to have the cabinets installed on Tuesday. Just a few more days. Thank you Lord!
And! I made banana bread tonight just because I've decided to "live" in the midst of waiting. Can't wait to eat it tomorrow morning!
Post a Comment