We're still trying to figure out who the little guy resembles, he's looking more and more like Abigail did when she was a newborn, so that's fun to see.
Mostly, we've just been at home, figuring out new routines and schedules. Here in Slovenia, you're expected to be at home the first 6 weeks or so, recovering, resting and adjusting. No going to the store, cafe's, church, and for the most part, people don't even come to visit you, especially in the winter when colds are so common. So it's been pretty quiet around here. Most Slovenes, however, live nearby or with grandparents or other relatives and are not just a Mom, Dad, Sister and Baby. So it makes it more convenient to just be indoors for 6 weeks.
He and I had an appt last Thursday for him to make sure his infection was cleared up and I had baked some loaves of banana bread for the nurses and hospital staff as a way of saying "thank you" for everything. Everyone was amazed that 1. I was 'alone' without Joel at that appt and 2. that I had already been doing some baking. One lady asked, "Is that how it is in America?! women just do things by themselves?!"
So "Hurray for you, Mothers in America!!" Good job for doing things, "by yourselves!" over there!
I must say though, that it is really nice that I'm "expected" to be at home, resting and recovering and adjusting but that I can go out if I want to. I know one Slovene woman who said, "I wish I could go out, but I know what people would say if I did, so I won't." In some areas it's nice to live "outside" of the culture and not even know when we're offending people. : )
We have had one outing though...Elijah applied for his American passport last week. We wanted to get a picture of him at the Embassy on "American Soil" but it's actually illegal or something like that/a security hazard, etc. to take a picture of the Embassy. We did with Abigail and the guards came over and told us we couldn't...after we already had. So....no pictures. But it was a fun outing anyway, even without the photo!
Here are some other photos though! Hope you enjoy!
2 comments:
The Jackson girls (and boy)love their time with Abigail too!! Great pictures.
Amy- hello my friend. It's been so fun to read through your blog and catch up with your lives in Slovenia! What a wonderful life that God has richly blessed you with. I loved your shout out to American Mom's, that's awesome!
Hope that you guys are enjoying your children and your marriage!
Lauree Austin
Post a Comment