- sometimes it seems like his stomach is bothering him since he is allergic to dairy and I think eggs too and I hear his stomach gurgling when I go to him.
- Sometimes it seems like he's just upset because he's alone and in bed and doesn't want to be there by himself.
- Sometimes it seems like it's just his sleep cycles.
I've been watching him for signs of when he's tired and then take him to bed, sing him a song and lay him down. It's about an hour to an hour and a half after waking. He usually falls asleep within a minute or two and hardly ever cries until he wakes up a half hour or 45 minutes later.
I think it's going to come to a battle of wills with him about staying asleep and sleeping in his bed, and I'm willing to tackle that with my little linebacker, but I also want to be sensitive if it's more of a stomach thing because of his allergies.
When Abigail was about this age I read, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Weissbluth and it was like it was written for her. So I've been re-reading that, but he doesn't address this sort-of sleep issue. So just curious if anyone has any advice for me.
Feel free to leave comments or send me an email!
Thanks so much!
3 comments:
Hi there sweet friend! I don't have any advice about his sleeping issues, but it may come to a battle of the wills at some point. Just make sure you are ready for the battle before you begin :), if you decide to. It's so hard to know, each babe is so different, it may just be HIM. Anyway, how can it be that he is almost 3 months old and my Titus is almost 1 month old? Remember that old song "Time keeps on tickin, tickin, tickin, into the future..."? That song comes to my mind so often when I think of my kidos :D, and yours too. Anyway, I love you so much and love your whole family dearly. Eli sure is a cutie, just like his big sister! :D
love, gina marie
I wish I remembered more about those years, but thankfully or regrettably memories like that seem to be gone. I know that you will discover what makes Eli tic soon though and will understand what his needs are. He sounds like such a lovable baby - and all boy! Love the pictures of Abigail too. I downloaded a bunch to take to work for my frame tomorrow! I know that you'll be happy to have Joel home! I've hear via the grapevine that he's got some goodies! :) Love you!
Hi there Amy and family!
Just wanted to let you know that Megan is 3cm and 90%as of last week. She is due May 4th. Keep them in your prayers. No job yet and their Abby is still having seizures and feeding issues. They are thinking of doing a feeding tube soon. Megan is so strong; I admire her but I know it's hard on her too.
Sleep stuff. I remember struggling with day time naps. Taylor did so great at night but struggled during the day: 30 minutes here 45minutes there. He would go down ok and wake early. Boy these boys sound alot alike! He had/has allergy stuff too. I remember at 3 months he was having a hard time and then I started swaddling him in a blanket pretty snug and he did so much better with that. I think I layed him down at 45minutes to 1hr after being up and that helped to. All in all little Eli will get it and you will be lifting your hands to Heaven saying thank you Lord.
Love reading on how you all are doing. Love the pics. Abby is so inventive with the rings!!!! -Becky
Post a Comment