Yesterday Abigail played "dress up" for the first time. It was so fun!! We were sitting on a blanket in the backyard, talking and playing with her doll. She had already taken off her shorts and was just running around in her diaper and tank top and then all of a sudden she ran inside the house. She came back out with her shorts and asked me to put them on her doll.
Then she took off again. She was taking a long time so I finally went inside to investigate and Joel was carrying her downstairs. She is able to climb the stairs in our house, thankfully though, she has a healthy fear of coming down. They are really steep and narrow with a concrete wall at the bottom. So she goes up and then just calls for someone to bring her back down. So there she was with a pair of pants that will fit her in the fall. She brought them outside and put them on as best she could, then I helped her with the rest. She wore them for about a minute and then took them off again.
Then she was off again. This time I followed her. She ran upstairs again and found a denim jacket with leopard fur trim that is also for this fall. It was so, so cute to see her walking around with the denim jacket on...and a diaper! I got video of it instead of a picture, otherwise there would be a picture here!
Anyway. I'm looking forward to many more dress-ups with this girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment