Elijah turned 5 months on Sunday!
He's sitting up better and better, rolling over all the time (especially during diaper changes!!) and using his vocal chords a lot lately! He is so much fun! We're just really enjoying this little guy.
We also celebrated Joel's second Father's Day on Sunday. That was fun! He got a new wheelbarrow!! And was actually excited about it. He "inherited" one with the house that was completely rusty and had a flat tire, so he was glad to receive a new one.
Also, I found a program online where you can take a photo and turn it into a sketch for a coloring page. So I did that with a picture of Abigail and Joel that she colored for him for Father's Day. As she was coloring it, she kept saying, "Dada!" and "Abby!" It was really cute!
He's sitting up better and better, rolling over all the time (especially during diaper changes!!) and using his vocal chords a lot lately! He is so much fun! We're just really enjoying this little guy.
We also celebrated Joel's second Father's Day on Sunday. That was fun! He got a new wheelbarrow!! And was actually excited about it. He "inherited" one with the house that was completely rusty and had a flat tire, so he was glad to receive a new one.
Also, I found a program online where you can take a photo and turn it into a sketch for a coloring page. So I did that with a picture of Abigail and Joel that she colored for him for Father's Day. As she was coloring it, she kept saying, "Dada!" and "Abby!" It was really cute!Also last week, Abigail got the flu. It felt like it was her first time to actually have a temperature of 100 degrees. I remember one other time, at the JV Spring Conf last year, but other than that, I don't remember her having an actual high temperature. It was really sweet to have her just wanting to cuddle and be held. She also spent a lot of time on the couch, like in this photo, which she rarely ever does. It was sweet and short lived...
After she got better though, it became a sort-of pretend game that she liked playing for, oh, about a day! She kept asking, "ho Lila?" which means, "Can I hold Elijah?" and then she would make room on the couch for him to sit beside her. I think these two are really going to enjoy playing together once this boy gets to moving!
And finally, we've been having lots of rainy days over here! Bleh! We're running out of indoor activities to do! The other day I got out some watercolor paints for Abigail to try. She's still a bit young, but we gave it a try! It turned out to be more WATER than the color, but she enjoyed it and didn't make too much of a mess. She liked putting the brush in the paint, then putting it in the water and then putting it on the paper. I had to hang the papers outside on the laundry line to dry, they were so wet! It ended when she discovered putting her hand in the water was more fun than using the brush. I think she's ready for finger paints, but I need to get some plastic tablecloths before I am!!
1 comment:
Just wanted to let you know how much I admire you. Making chocolate chip cookies today was fun and an adventure, but at times slightly frustrating. I went to turn on the oven, it's celsius not fahrenheit. I went to use brown sugar, it's big crystals not small. I went to use a spatula, Anja gave me a blank look and had no idea what I was talking about haha. I always expect some of the big things to be different over here, it's the simple things that catch me by suprise. The cookies turned out fine, or at least Anja, Tjaša and Nika were nice enough to eat some haha...we'll have to see how my cake turns out for tomorrow =D. Anyway, I admire you for all of your amazing cooking and housekeeping when I know at times it is, or was, a bit of a struggle to adjust.
Post a Comment