Tuesday, June 10, 2008
The President Has Left the Country
It was exciting knowing that President Bush was just 5 minutes from our house today! All roads to and from the airport were blocked off to secure traffic during the approximate expected time of his arrival last night. Kathy Codanti and I excitedly walked with cameras in hand to the edge of our village in high hopes of seeing his entourage. We listened and watched for his plane, finally saw it and then waited for his parade to pass by.
There were several routes he could take to get to Brdo, and unfortunately he chose the one that DID NOT pass by us. Bummer. Today though, I was watching the EU Summit on TV so Joel and I had a good idea of when he would be passing by this time and most definitely where! So we took the kids for a walk and met up with our friends, the Hunnicutts and we all watched his entourage and his plane take off.
As I watched his interactions with people, I was so proud of our President. He seemed so sincere, affectionate and culturally sensitive. I think that last one in particular sparked some pride because this is a country I've grown to love with it's people, traditions and culture. It was honoring to see our President enjoying those things as well.
Oh! And those close up shots are compliments of Reuters, definitely not mine! Although, I would have loved to have taken them! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Joel and Amy! Just wanted to let you know that Anja and I are back in Šenčur....back in Šenčur! That sounds so awesome. It is so cool to get to say that. Anyway, I also wanted to let you know that I have a blog as well: tcltravels.blogspot.com. Check it out if you get a chance! See you soon!
-Taylor
Post a Comment