He also was asked to teach a break-out session about making youth groups feel like family, (getting others involved and multiplying himself out). Joel is so gifted (I'm totally unbiased) in this area and I'm so glad he gets the opportunity to share with others. I think he is an amazing leader and am so, so proud of him!
So around home, I've been getting some long-awaited scrapbooking done in the evenings after the kids are in bed. That feels really good! I need to get some more pictures printed soon so I can keep up now that I'm moving!!
Abigail came down with a cold yesterday, so we're laying low. Kristi and Luke came up for a visit today. It was really refreshing to be with them. Being a stay-at-home Mom is not the norm here in Slovenia and sometimes I feel alone in that area of my life. It's encouraging to get together with Kristi and talk about how we're teaching obedience, what to do when..., how to get your toddler to drink milk, etc. I really am not alone and it's refreshing to be reminded of that and to hear that the daily battles happening in our hearts, lives and homes are normal and that we're making our way through them. Thanks Kristi and Luke!!
So...in light of the fact that Abigail came down with that cold, we went to the store after naps yesterday and bought a pre-cooked chicken for 5 Euros (about $7.50). I think chicken is Abigail's favorite meat, (ham is a close second) and they say you're supposed to "feed a cold" so that's a win-win! It's a great bargain and to be able to come home and just start cutting pieces off is a giant Mommy saver, especially when Daddy is gone!
Then today I cooked up the chicken carcass and made chicken noodle soup...the ultimate cold fighter! And I still have enough chicken meat for quesadillas for lunch tomorrow and a chicken pot-pie for lunch on Sunday. Wow! That 5 Euros is stretching out to the end of the month! So great!
Hopefully Eli won't catch her cold. Abigail just adores her brother and to try to keep her distance from him to spare him is inconceivable to her little heart!He continues to pull himself up on anything he can. Today I was getting ready to do a video phone call with my parents (which mean being upstairs) and was going up and downstairs getting snacks, juice cups, toys, etc. to keep the kids occupied while chatting. During one of my trips up this was what I saw! Thankfully that gate locks securely!! Oh my!!
So we're making it through this week. Praying daily for extra grace and patience with each other and (for me) to be filled with the Holy Spirit instead of my own tired self. And the Lord has been answering those prayers in his usual loving, faithful ways. Thank you Lord!
1 comment:
Keep up the good work Amy, you're not alone. I wish we could come over and hang out! I love Abigail's hair back in the hair clip.
Post a Comment