A couple weeks ago Joel ordered 6 cubic meters of firewood for our new fireplace this winter. They weren't able to deliver it though until 3 nights ago while Joel was away in Czech. So they chucked the huge pile onto our lawn for Joel to stack sometime when he gets home. I skyped him a picture the next day to show him how much work he has waiting for him.

He just sent me a text message saying that they're (he's driving with Josh & Terry) almost to Vienna, leaving them about 4 more hours until they arrive home. What he doesn't know is that right now, our neighbors are outside stacking our wood for us! I can't wait until he arrives home and sees that the pile is gone! Wow, is he going to think I'm an amazing wife or what?!! : ) I'm overwhelmed that our neighbors would do this for us! One couple just had their own firewood delivered this morning and the other couple is having some work done on their house. It means so much to have them take time out of their own busy schedules to help us out like this. What a gift!
2 comments:
That is the sweetest thing ever! How cute are they? Good neighbors are the BEST!
Amy-
I think of you almost every day...I (almost)drive by where you grew up! (Macy's kindergarten is off Troutdale Rd.) I miss you!!! I saw Chris Card ('92) tonight at a soccer game...
Okay, your neighbors must LOVE you guys! What kindness!
xoxoxo-
Allison
Post a Comment