Friday, December 19, 2008

It's nice to meet you!

Before we left Slovenia we began practicing "introductions" with Abigail. We figured she would be doing a lot of them and it would be nice if she knew the basics; shaking hands, saying her name, saying "it's nice to meet you," etc.

Well! She got to meet Santa Clause the other day!! I could see her up there trying to shake his hand after "meeting" him. Instead of shaking her hand though, he pulled her up into his lap and talked to her. It was really sweet and fun to see her enjoying it.

The girls working told me that really they weren't allowed to let me take my own pictures. That I was suppose to pay the ridiculous price for theirs, but they would pretend they didn't see me and I could stand behind them to take my own.

I was trying to be discreet...afterall, I didn't want to get on Santa's 'naughty' list! He saw me anyway...and actually encouraged me to come over to another side of where I was standing to get a clearer picture. It was really so sweet of him. We decided we would go ahead and have Eli do it too, knowing that he would cry, but isn't it a "classic" picture to have a little one crying on Santa's lap? Poor Santa!


We also stopped by a play place and the kids loved climbing on all the soft climbing toys. We're having such a great time!!

Today we're heading to the beach for a week-long family reunion with Joel's parents and siblings' families. We're really looking forward to it. We're having 70+ degree weather! It feels so strange and sooo nice too!

Merry Christmas from the Woodards!

6 comments:

Lori Jackson said...

oh, so sweet. Miss you guys

Unknown said...

Hi! Just looked at so many of your photos and enjoyed them so much! What a great ministry you are a part of! Your life is rich! We can't believe how beautiful your two children are! Enjoy your time with Joel's family. We will pray for you, and for Slovenia. Love Dana and all

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it to the states safely. We're hearing horror stories of people waiting 48 hours or more due to bad weather. Praise God for a good trip.

The Santa photos are priceless. What a great photo. I'll make sure my kids see these tonight.

Enjoy all the perks of family & America as you celebrate this season

Andrea

Josh and Kristi said...

OH! What great classic photos! And I loved the story too! Thinking of you guys and praying too!

Kathy said...

Such fun pictures! Way to go Abigail! :-) Wishing you guys a joyful Christmas as you celebrate our Savior's birth!

the Routsons said...

Amy and Joel,
It sounds like you are having a great time in Georgia! Glad your flight went good and that the kids got a break for a bit. I remember our trip from China home was a bit crazy: 2 kids 12hrs. It's so fun to check your blog and see how and what you all are up too. Have a great time on the east coast! -Becky