One of the stores here sells a delicious 2 foot long baguette--perfectly crispy on the outside, melt-in-your-mouth soft on the inside--for about .40 cents. We often pick one up and eat about half of it as we make our way through the store. Abigail prefers the softer inside, leaving the outside to be eaten by Mama...or
...made into jewelry!
...or funny mouth gear.One day Abigail and I were at our little grocery store in the village getting just a couple items. As we neared the bakery, Abigail said, "blead, please, Mama" and I said, "okay...a roll is just 20 cents" so we got one and headed home. I decided to wait until we got home (which is across the street...literally!) to give it to her. But...I forgot.
A few minutes after we got home, Joel needed to go to the post office, which is a couple doors down from the grocery store. So Abigail went with him. On the way home, he remembered that he needed something from the grocery store and went in. As they neared the bakery, Abigail said, "blead, please, Dada" and he said, "okay, it's just 20 cents"
When he walked in the front door, he said, "Abigail asked for a roll, so I bought one for her...it's just 20 cents." I started laughing and told him I had just bought one for her too. We both laughed and said how grateful we are that bread is so good and cheap! and that our little girl asks for that instead of chocolate or other candies....so far!!
A few minutes after we got home, Joel needed to go to the post office, which is a couple doors down from the grocery store. So Abigail went with him. On the way home, he remembered that he needed something from the grocery store and went in. As they neared the bakery, Abigail said, "blead, please, Dada" and he said, "okay, it's just 20 cents"
When he walked in the front door, he said, "Abigail asked for a roll, so I bought one for her...it's just 20 cents." I started laughing and told him I had just bought one for her too. We both laughed and said how grateful we are that bread is so good and cheap! and that our little girl asks for that instead of chocolate or other candies....so far!!
2 comments:
Oh, that makes my mouth water...Can I come visit? :)
She's a girl after her aunt's heart...oh how I love that bread too! Would you ask Abigail to eat a piece of bread on my behalf? Thanks! :-)
Post a Comment