Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day four

The weather was beautiful today so we got out to a park to play for a good chuck of time this morning. It was nice to get out a bit, I'm feeling the burn of the fourth day, I can't imagine the burn on the 784th day, like you mom's do!

Our neighbors made us a lunch because they know that Amy is gone and just wanted to help out! We've got the best neighbors, Hvala Katja & Gregor! So we were able to spend a little more time at the park because lunch was already made!!! Abigail was especially excited about the chocolate cake thing for desert. I told her this came from Ajda's mommy and daddy, and she got even more excited as she told Elijah, "OH Ajda's mommy gave this!"

Other than that I've been having amazing time with the kids, getting some good daddy time. I had such a precious time with Abigail this evening at bedtime. I wrote it down because I want to remember it for the rest of my life. It was like God was speaking right through her. We had a conversation about being a "woman of her word". She sat on my lap looking into my eyes as we talked about trust, and doing what we say. She just kind of nestled in and we chatted for 10 or so minutes, every so often scooting a little closer until I got a hug when we were done.That was just one section, but the whole time was magical. She is such a sweet girl, I love her deeply.

2 comments:

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Nice neighbors to make lunch for you! It certainly sounds like you have been doing great! I chuckled at the first day, when down the hallway was strewn a few clothes! And to see the kids "helping" with hammer and saw! What a cute picture. I know that Amy will be so amazed at what you have done!
Love and kisses to all-give hugs for us!
Love, Dad and Mom Sorensen

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

P.S. I guess it was the second day where the clothes were in the picture! I just love it that we can see the house and know exactly where you are and look right into Abigail's room. It brings back such great memories.
Love, Mom S.