Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day two - putting the kids to work

So we are doing pretty well under the circumstances of having no wife and mother around. Abigail started crying this morning because Mama makes her eggs not Daddy!

I was able to take Elijah to his Dr. appointment this morning, that in itself is an accomplishment. While we were at the Dr.'s he was sitting on the table and typical Eli was moving all over the place. He's 100% almost all day and while on the table dove off! I just caught him like I almost always do :) So, I wasn't surprised but I think the Dr. almost had a heart attack. She immediately gave me two books on how to take care of your child so that they won't get injured! Ha!!! I was laughing to myself this evening when I was throwing Elijah by the legs onto the couch and wrestling with him. His infectious laugh told of how much fun he was having, although probably forbidden by that nice book. To top it off, I was making dinner and squated down to talk to Elijah and he just kind of tapped my head with his head, a thing we do often. Then he backed up and rammed me like a Ram!!! I couldn't believe it and started to laugh and then he got the biggest grin and we both just died laughing, crazy kid... I love him so much.

Now, I'm sure the book probably said something about a hammer, nails, saw, drill, and other such building toys.. I mean equipment not being appropriate for kids but once I explained what I was doing both kids jumped in, ready to help with whatever. Abigail was hammering while Elijah held the nails, Elijah helped me cut a piece of wood to fit just right. Now we are ready for the dry wall tomorrow. Terry and the girls are coming tomorrow to hang out and help a bit. Ahhh I love being a dad. Amy I'm gonna get most of the bathroom done! Can you believe it?

And not only that we had dinner tonight! Not only dinner but I actually put some effort into it. Green beans, Rice-a-roni (from States), and BBQ honey chicken. I thought it was really good until Abigail poked at the rice and said "uh, what's that daddy?" I told her it was rice and she said "oh, ok" trying to make me feel better, I think she has it hardest living with two boys. Abigial thinks mommy is still at Luke Patty's house because that is where she talked to her last. I'm sure she is a bit confused why mommy is spending so much time with Luke!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, Joel, this look great! We're glad you're enjoying the week with your two precious kids and even get to build the wall. Jack of all treads!! But I'm sure it's not fun being without wife. Amy, hope you are enjoying time with ladies and having lots of good laughter. Miss you here. Gloria

Amy Woodard said...

WOW Joel!! You never cease to amaze me! I mean I know you're totally gifted, talented, driven & productive, but sheesh! Take a break, would ya?!! I must say that I caught my breath a bit as I read the story of Eli diving off the dr's table. Yikes!! I'll bet she was nervous! And I'm happy to see that the saw still had it's protective cover on. Dinner looked so good too! Ohh give the kids extra hugs and kisses from me tomorrow!
And Glorija...we are having a wonderful time, I will share it all with you next week! I'm missing having you here too!

Anonymous said...

How fun to read your adventures. The doctor giving you the book was especially funny. Thanks for the laughter. Hope Amy is enjoying her retreat. Thinking of you guys alot, Kitty

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Glad you are all enjoying your week. Tony & Amy had to eat hobo eggs 3 times a day if Julie was gone. Abigail will probably really like having mom home again so she can bake bread and pizza instead of pounding nails.
Love Dad