We hid eggs outside for the kids to find, which was fun. Elijah found one...the one that I pointed out to him, but Abigail caught on quick and found the rest.
We invited our neighbors over for lunch on Sunday, knowing that Slovenians celebrate the Easter meal at breakfast. I made a (traditional?) American Easter meal complete with Classic Potato Salad, Honey-Baked Ham, Deviled Eggs and a broccoli salad. It was so good. I actually boiled the eggs for the deviled eggs, made the potato salad and the broccoli salad on Saturday morning, so the smell of our refrigerator kept us really looking forward to Sunday afternoon!
The Honey-Baked ham recipe was actually a copycat recipe and it was so, so good! If you're looking for a good recipe, try this one! I didn't have the pear juice that it called for so I used pineapple juice instead. Joel likes pineapple rings baked with the ham, so I did that for the first hour, then took those off and added the brown sugar/honey glaze, turned on my convection in the oven and cooked it for another 20-30 minutes. The outside was so beautiful and tasty! And it was so moist inside. Mmmm, so, so good! We also had some fun Easter M&M's compliments of a growth group from Good Shepherd! Thanks so much! What a yummy treat!!
2 comments:
It looked like such a special day! Your neighbors seem wonderful, and I'm sure they will miss having these special times with you...roasting chestnuts, BBQing, just hangin out with kids on their shoulders! Cherish those times, invite them to S.C.
Love,
Mom
The strawberry shortcake looks delicious to me.
Love Dad
Post a Comment