I wish I could capture the sound of Elijah's excitement when he sees tractors. You'll just have to picture Tim Allen in "Home Improvement". Our neighbors are connecting their house to the city's septic system and it runs through our driveway.Elijah's been loving it as there are tractors going most of the day outside our front door and parked in the driveway at night. Most of his day is spent standing at the window, watching and grunting in excitement. He's so disappointed that he can't be out there experiencing the action up close, but the holes they're digging are sooo deep, we don't want to take our chances!
It has encouraged some fun playing though!
And he's often bringing me his shoes, begging to go outside... poor guy!
The holes are so deep! About 6' at least!Meanwhile...mine & Abigail's days are mostly being spent in the bathroom or laundry room! : ) Since we've begun potty training, we've had a whopping 2 successes and umpteen accidents! This morning though, she was saying "uh oh" as she would pee her pants, so I guess that's some improvement! : ) It's turned into more like "1/2 days" of potty training since I haven't had a chance to get "pull-ups" yet and we run out of underwear pretty quick. We end up switching back to diapers.
I knew I really had no idea what it would be like, but I must say that it is A LOT of work! Probably being pregnant doesn't help matters either. This morning we were really putting an effort into it. Drinking lots and lots of juice, going to the potty every 5 minutes and still only 1 success, 3 accidents. I was exhausted, frustrated and ended up crying at one point. Abigail said, "Mama are you crying? Are you sad?" And very sweetly said, "God will make you happy, let's pray..."
We'll get there... I need to get some pull-ups and that will help for sure. We may take a month and wait until I get into my second trimester and I have more energy to deal with this and when it's warmer outside and there's less clothes involved. : ) We'll see! We appreciate your prayers!! Thanks so much! This is one of her sillier moments on the potty...she doesn't normally wear her bath towel during potty time.
3 comments:
Great post! But Luke wishes you had video footage to watch! What a HUGE hole! We noticed the ladder! It was great to see you this week!
Just seeing her smile and her cooperation is an encouragment! Look at the small advances, they can help until success is TOTALLY accomplished! Praising those small things!
Love you and everyone else!
Love,
Mom
Look to The Pacifier (the movie) for inspiration! I think he held the little one under the faucet to help! LOL I remember those days, they will come. Use M&M's worked for grandma!
Love you all
Tony
Post a Comment