Friday, May 22, 2009

We're Hooomme!


Even though the pictures don't show it, Elijah and I are so happy and content to be home again! As we were leaving the hospital I kept asking him, "are you happy we're going home?!" and he would nod his head up and down and up and down and smile!

While I was still home this morning, I was able to look up what it is that Elijah has. It's called Bronchiolitis. It's common for infants up to age two to get this form of bronchitis and is commonly treated with a humidifier, drinking lots of liquids and rest. It was really helpful to read in English what it is and how to take care of him. Trying to do medical things in two languages can be overwhelming at times.

The Dr. wanted Elijah to stay one more night just "in case" he might need oxygen again, but as Joel and I observed our little guy today, we could tell that he was definitely himself again! Not yet 100%, but a close 90%! He was practically running up and down the halls, playing with all the toys, talking and laughing, teasing the nurses...he was himself, all right! Joel and I both decided we just needed to graciously turn down the "one more night" advice, get him home to his own bed, his own house and begin getting him better here.

And I am sooo glad we did! It's been great to be back for both of us. They sent us home with some saline solution for his nose and said to use that if he starts breathing heavily tonight. We also borrowed a humidifier from our neighbors, and I'm sure that will help. It's great to have our rambunctious little guy back again!

This afternoon we sat outside and shared some grapes, while he slowly made himself at home again. It was oh so nice! Thank you for all your prayers, emails, comments and notes on Facebook. It's been encouraging to know we're being thought of and prayed for these days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PTL. Glad you are home as a family. Melanie B.