Thursday, June 25, 2009

Father's Day

We celebrated Joel last Sunday with a BBQ! It's funny that on "Father's Day" he cooks his own dinner, but on Mother's Day we go out to eat! I am totally fine with this arrangement!! We did start the day though, with his favorite muffins. Which I'll do another post for the recipe, they're so easy and so yummy, you'll want to try them!So we had some classic BBQ chicken, some good ol' fashion wrestling time with Daddy and later went for a walk. The kids LOVE wrestling time with Daddy which usually falls before and after dinner time. Sometimes when he's working in the evenings, Abigail will say, "Mama....let's wrestle!" to which I kindly and ever so gratefully say, "that's your special thing with Daddy, let's save that for him!" By the time we went for our walk, it was pretty close to Elijah's bedtime which didn't coincide very well for a sweet Father's Day picture for the memory books! Or maybe it did! There is a spot on our walk where there aren't as many cars and we allow the kids to get out of the strollers and walk/run on the road. Elijah, especially, loves that freedom and by the time we tried to get a good picture, along with his tiredness...well, you can see the results. Oh well! Abigail kind-of has a crabby face too...oh well! There's always next Father's Day!

2 comments:

Neja said...

The other day I was at the Pattys when Luke came to me and asked "hey wanna wrestle with me?" So I told him he should go ask Gasper to wrestle with him cuz it's a boy thing hehe :)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. :-) You sure live in a beautiful area and the kids were just being kids. Happy Summer. Melanie