Friday, June 5, 2009

Internet Babysitting

We have a webcam that we use to talk with both Joel and my parents. It's been great for the kids to see them and for them to keep up with how the kids are growing.

About a month ago, Abigail started doing her own video phone calls with my parents. It's great for me! The timing is perfect...just as they're getting up and starting their days and for me, it falls right around the time when I'm trying to get dinner made. She can sit at the computer and sometimes talk and play for up to an hour!
And play, they really do! They play peek-a-boo, hide & go seek (which is funny to watch!), she'll run through the kitchen to the living room to get some toy to show Grandma & Grandpa. She shows them her books and just talks and talks and talks. Elijah does pretty good for awhile if I've got him in his chair with a snack, but he's not one for being couped up for very long and he wants down. It's been a fun relational tool!!

5 comments:

Gina Marie said...

That is sooooo sweet! I love that idea. I have my web-cam but have never used it! I need to get past the "It's going to take too much time to set it up and work out the kinks." (I did try it once with my mama and we were having issues) I need to try again.

Great pictures of the kids. They are so big! Adorable too! :)

I love you, love you, love you!

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

You DO neet to get it going, Gina! It is so great for us as grandparents! We love the time with them, of course, we can't wait until they are here in person!
In the meantime, to be able to see their faces, laugh and play with them, it is so, so, so, great!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I think that's a fantastic idea. What a fun time for the kids and grandparents. Way to go!! Melanie

Anonymous said...

I love it! Fabulous idea! Now, will Abigail be surprised if her grandparents don't have that "Fish eye" look in real life?
Rainy

Laura Jean said...

That is hilarious, especially because we were just joking about babysitting over skype for my brother when we move to Denver!! hahaha :)