Remember last year's
potato festival? Today there was another celebration, although quite a bit smaller. We were able to just sit in our driveway to watch the parade and then the booths that were all set up in front of our house last year were down the street near the fire station instead.



Elijah loved watching the parade! We always enjoy seeing the horse-drawn carriages and seeing the antique farming equipment. At one point the parade was held up in front of the house while a choir sang a few songs in front of the statue of Maria Theresa. We had this giant bull in front of our house for almost 10 minutes. It was hard to hold Elijah back from going over to pet it!


For dinner afterward we had pototoes in honor of...potatoes! But instead of the traditional Slovenian "prazen krompir" we made homemade potato chips which went great with grilled hamburgers! : )

After dinner Elijah got a much needed haircut and then we headed to the neighbors for a visit.



Abigail was completely filthy from being outside almost all day, snacking on cherries before dinner while Joel grilled the burgers and was wearing my flip-flops...on the wrong feet. Funny girl!
5 comments:
It was an ox.
Ha! Thanks Janja!
Cute! Both kids seem to have such fun with the neighbors. They look so cute together. Thank goodness there is always the shower, I'm glad you just let her have fun.
Love, Mom
I used to think..."Why do parents let their kids walk around with a dirty face?" and then I became a parent. Sometimes there are bigger battles to deal with and let the dirty face go. thanks for the great pictures. Can't wait to get Abigail and Noah together again.
Seeing that kajzerica (I've already forgotten how to spell it - oh wait, maybe I never did know!) bun reminds me of how much I miss the bread there!
Post a Comment