We also enjoyed celebrating in a climate where you can enjoy the nice weather outside! After lunch we went all went to a local park for a couple hours. Joel started pushing the kids on the swings and they both loved it! I think he pushed both of them for at least 45 minutes...it was worth it to see the smiles on their faces and here their giggles of delight!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
A Day of Thanks!
Thanksgiving Day was an extra special day this year having Caleb with us! I found myself with a renewed hope and faith in what the Lord has in store for us here. We have quite a few things going on our "waiting on the Lord" list ...for him to bring a buyer for our home in Slovenia, to provide a job, a car and a home for us here and up until last Friday, waiting on baby Caleb to arrive!
It was a peaceful day in my heart as I thought about having this one little bundle crossed off our "waiting" list. He is here now and it's a joy to have him join our family. I started thinking, "maybe" that Caleb is here now, the Lord will open the doors in leading Joel to a new job. Maybe he was keeping Joel home until Caleb arrived. Maybe he was for our family to expand before selling our home in Slovenia and providing a new one here. Maybe he was waiting for a new car seat to be filled before providing a larger car for driving our family from here to there...just maybe...
We also enjoyed celebrating in a climate where you can enjoy the nice weather outside! After lunch we went all went to a local park for a couple hours. Joel started pushing the kids on the swings and they both loved it! I think he pushed both of them for at least 45 minutes...it was worth it to see the smiles on their faces and here their giggles of delight!
He was giving Abigail "under-dogs" ...at least that's what we called them growing up. She loved swinging so high and held on really well. It made my mama heart a little nervous though. : )




Joel also enjoyed watching football with his two boys in his lap!
We also enjoyed celebrating in a climate where you can enjoy the nice weather outside! After lunch we went all went to a local park for a couple hours. Joel started pushing the kids on the swings and they both loved it! I think he pushed both of them for at least 45 minutes...it was worth it to see the smiles on their faces and here their giggles of delight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe it! I am the first to comment! What a great time for the kids, it looked like they were truly having the best time of their little lives! I can't wait to see them, and you and Joel in January. I, too, am praying the "maybe's" and also relying on Him to provide in just the right time and way, as is HIS WAY! Love you all, mom
What Wonderful pictures!!! You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all so much!
The California Clan
Congratulations! We are so happy for you... and your new little boy...
I can't wait to tell Sarah... she has been praying you through this one too :)
We are praying for all the details to fall into place... they will. It is not easy to wait... but God has a way of truly making the experience worth the wait!
We love you... Many blessings to you all.
Andy, Dyana, Sarah and Thomas
Post a Comment