Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Official!

Even though it was in our kitchen and not at a fancy salon, it was Abigail's first "official" haircut. Emilie Johnson (Maddox) is a hair stylist and was in town visiting her parents. I'd asked her on Facebook about giving Abigail a haircut next time she was in town, so she was able to squeeze one in.Abigail did such a great job, sitting still and not moving. I was so proud of her! The couple times I've tried to trim her bangs, it's been difficult to keep her from moving her head around, leaving us both frustrated. So it was nice to just be the observer and encourager for Abigail as she sat completely still for Emilie! Absolutely no frustration...just pure joy! So fun!Emilie happened to be at our home in Slovenia, with her parents, the day I brought Abigail home from the hospital. So it was fun to have her giving her her first "official" haircut! Thanks Emilie!!

4 comments:

mom & dad said...

Love your new haircut Abby! So pretty!

the Routsons said...

Such a sweet looking girl! Love the bangs!

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

Abigail reminds me of her mom when she was little! So ready to smile and so bashful for a minute! but only for a minute...

Laura Jean said...

Aw I didn't know Em cut her hair, how fun! She's so beautiful!!