Sunday, May 2, 2010

This means war!

So we've had ants in our kitchen since we moved in. The name "Terro" kept popping up as a solution from people who also have ant problems, so we bought a box.

Well, it's simply amazing! And so, so easy! It comes in this little plastic container, you cut a little slit in it and it attracts the ants like crazy, corrals them, kills them and also feeds them this (poison?) that they take back to their Queen Ant and then kills them all! Or something like that!

So I set out the first trap in the kitchen about 3 weeks ago and within 24 hours we noticed a HUGE difference! Within a week they were virtually gone. Then all of a sudden about a week ago, they were all back again and seemingly with a vengeance! Weird, I know.

So I set out a second trap.

For a good 2 days they were trailing all over the counter, window sills, walls, even the kitchen floors! I got this picture of one ant carrying another dead ant to the area where they come in and out of. It-was-WAR-on-my-kitchen-counter!! And I am so happy to say that I WON!! Hmph!This ant was saying..."No ant left behind!"

2 comments:

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

these little pesky critters1 They are determined little things!!

Josh and Kristi said...

We've had ants here too! ugh! I feel like, "Oh no you don't!" We have some trap like what you are describing. We'll see what happens. But yesterday was an ant free zone!
Great to get caught up on you guys a bit!
Kristi