Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Weekend Update #1

Well...it's actually like a three weekend update! I have been writing so many blog posts in my mind...if only you could read them...you would laugh, you would cry, you would smile and chuckle...if only. Alas, that can't happen, so here I am (again) posting several at a time. Oh well!! : )

So Memorial Day weekend (last weekend in May)--for our Slovene friends reading this! ; ) we headed over the mountain after church to visit my parents since Joel and my Dad both had that Monday off. It's been tricky to get time with them since we're still 2 1/2 hours apart and both my Dad and Joel work for their church. My Dad's weekday off is on Monday, while Joel's is on Friday. So Memorial Day was a perfect opportunity us all to get together!

Time at my parents always involves fun food for the kids, bbq's and movies! That weekend was no different. We watched movies, had a bbq with some of their friends from church and the kids had their fill of treats!

It's like going to Blockbuster at my parents house! In fact, we came home with a stack of movies that we "checked out" while we were there! They have a very large HDTV that Elijah loves watching, his favorite movies are Cars & Kung Fu Panda...which we have neither and were not in our stack to bring home just so they remain special movies for him to watch at Bampa & Bamma's house.We bought my Dad that Ladder Golf set for his birthday, so it was fun to break that out and play game after game of that! Abigail loves her time with Grandma, coloring and playing with Princess paper dolls and eating popsicles! I enjoyed having Joel with us this time around. The previous two visits was just the kids and I. My parents watched all three of the kids Monday morning while Joel and I went out on a coffee date! So nice!! It's always nice to see my Grandma again too and she loves having her Great-Grandchildren around. Some times I look at her and wonder how much she's aware of all of us around her and then one of the kids gets her attention and it's like my Grandma is completely back with us all again. It makes me sad that our kids missed out on time with her before her series of strokes, at the same time...so grateful for the time we all are getting now!
Sweet, sweet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I love this picture with Caleb and your gradmother. She reminds me of my deceased gradmother.
I miss her. Enjoy time with her while you can.

Love, Katja