Friday, August 20, 2010

Chicken Parmigiana

This is one of Joel's favorites!!

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken breasts, sliced in half & cut into two pieces, (so 3-4 smaller pieces each breast)
(in 3 different bowls for dipping the chicken, arrange)
1 cup flour
4 egg whites
1-1/2 cup bread crumbs with 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning & 1/2 tbsp salt
2 Jars (your favorite) pasta sauce
1 box Rotini Pasta
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese

Instructions:
Dip each piece of chicken in the following, flour, egg whites then seasoned bread crumbs, brown in oil. Pour pasta sauce in a 9x13 pan & place chicken on top.
Bake at 350(F) for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top of chicken pieces and bake for another 10 minutes or so.

Serve with cooked Rotini pasta.
As you can see in the picture, sometimes I cook the pasta before and put it in the pan as well, then the pasta sauce & chicken. And sometimes I do 1-2 cups of Mozzarella on top of the whole thing, making it more cassarolly. You can do it however you want! Enjoy!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmm! Looks good enough to eat! :)

Jon and Erin said...

Yummm! I'm gonna have to try that one.

Allison McKenney said...

Amy-
I made this and it is in the oven right now! :) AND YES, we must get together! Love you!
xoxoxo