8 months old...a couple weeks ago!
I got a picture like this when Abigirl was 8 months old and then again when Elijah was 8 months old. I actually took the picture way back when it was the actual 8 month day, but am just now getting around to posting it! : )
There have been so many changes in this little guy in the past couple months! It seems like it's all run together now, so I can't remember when everything happened...and some days it seems like it all happened at one time!
The biggest thing is that he is a crawler now! He was on his way to crawling and then we went on a trip to the beach with Joel's parents (more on that later) and the night we came home, it was like he was so happy to be home, he just started crawling all over the house!
Three teeth have popped through and another one on top is making it's way in! With that milestone, lots more food has come his way! Actually, at his last Doctor's appt, he was only in the 10% for his weight & age, so the Doctor recommended feeding him everything except milk to get him growing some more. He has never looked too thin and is a bit longer for his age, I can't remember exactly, either 75% or 95% for length, so we're not worried! He's growing fine! It is nice to be able to feed him lots of different foods now...for him too!
He has begun "playing" with the other kids now too. He's really drawn to cars, so that is fun for Elijah! It's great to be able to put all three downstairs to play for a bit while I get dinner ready or a bathroom cleaned or laundry put away. Abigail LOVES to "babysit"...so if it's just her & Caleb around, I ask her to "babysit" and then pay her a dime or a nickel which makes it even more special for her! She is really good with him and oh-so-helpful to me!!
He isn't quite the mover & shaker that Elijah is and was at that age. I am TRULY grateful about that!! I love our little Yiya and all his energy, but I don't think I could take TWO of them! : ) Thankfully, the LORD knew that and toned this little one down a bit. While he is happy and fun, it's just a couple notches lower than Elijah. At some point in the past, I did a post about the personalities of our kids and it looks like Caleb is shaping out to be a "golden retriever" a highly relational little guy, content & happy. Oh there are days when his strong will rears it's ugly head, but overall this little guy is just a delight to be with. We just love, love, love him!!
1 comment:
What a great post. I love the updates on the kids and your life. All your children look so happy and content--good parenting :)
Love you all,
Jeanette
Post a Comment