Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Weekend at the Beach

Like most of my posts these days, they are outdated...but I want to get them posted anyway!!

Joel's parents were able to come for a visit at the end of June to see us and Joel's brother Jon and his family in Sandy. We whisked them away the day after they arrived for a weekend at Rockaway  Beach. Walking along the beach, looking for shells, playing in the water, sightseeing and visiting nearby towns, eating Tillamook ice cream, roasting s'mores at night, watching a parade...it was an enjoyable weekend!

The Saturday that we were there, Tillamook had a parade! Even better, it was sponsored by the Tillamook Cheese Factory!! The parade started out with free samples of Tillamook Cheddar Cheese, followed by pepperoni sticks! At one point one of their semi-trucks went through with 1/2 Gallons of Ice Cream on the side--we were all hoping for ice cream samples as well but no, I imagine they would have a difficult time keeping it frozen. We were excited about the cheese & pepperoni though! We were expecting candy to be thrown out by the different parade floats and were happily surprised with cheese instead. A little later in the parade a company threw out pom-poms advertising their furniture company. It was the right kind of parade to just "happen" upon!

It was a great place to take a new family photo too! We were taking it with the timer though, so trying to get a baby to actually look at a camera instead of a person proved to be difficult! Oh well...at least he's in the photo! : ) 










4 comments:

Annie Louise said...

What fun at the beautiful Oregon Coast!! That smores that Abigail is holding sure looks good. I just mentioned a couple of days ago to Madison that I have never had a smores--she was shocked as was Jackie!! I love the new family pictures. I bet Joel's parents love seeing you all again. Take care and thanks for the updates. Love you all,
Jeanette

Annie Louise said...

Oh my I am getting old, in looking back over your post, I guess there is not a picture of Abigail holding a smore. I must have a very vivid imagination, or maybe it is the cold medicine I am taking, yeah I bet that's it :)
Anyway much love,
Jeanette

Annie Louise said...

Ok I am not old, but I am on cold/sinus medicine. I just showed Mom you post and we saw the slideshow pictures at the end, where Abigail is holding a smores. Thank goodness I am not crazy. :) Jeanette

Amy Woodard said...

Ha, ha, that's funny! I've done that before too! ; ) At least I got to hear from you more than once that way! : )