Monday, September 6, 2010

Abigail's 4th Birthday!

It's old news now...but our sweet Abigirl is 4 years old!! We are so, so proud of the young girl she is becoming. I do believe that she is the sweetest girl I have ever known!
For her birthday this year, she asked for a Strawberry Shortcake cake. Oh my. I started looking for ideas online and decided that I could make Strawberry Shortcake's "hat" for her cake and she decided she would be fine with that. I mean really, we had to have a conversation about it and she actually said, "okaaay, that will be fine." : )

I kept asking her, "who would you like to invite to your party Abigail?" and she would reply, "everyone!" There are so many great kids at our church, including a great group of 3-4 year olds her own age! We finally settled on just a few to invite and began planning her party. It was fun and I imagine it will become more enjoyable each year!
For dinner, she wanted hot dogs, plain spaghetti noodles & fruit. I saw an idea in Family Fun magazine, where you take dry spaghetti noodles & stick them through hot dogs, then boil them both together. So the kids did that fun little activity. It was cute to see what crazy creations they came up with!
After the party, Abigail packed her suitcase and headed over to Yellow Grandma & Grandpa's for three days by herself! A week before I told her, "One week from today, you'll be at Yellow Grandma's house. Will you miss Mom & Dad?" "Yes" She replied. "Will it make you sad?" I asked. "No, because I know it's just for a few days and then I'll see you again." To which, I replied, "You're an amazing little girl, Abigail!!" To which, Elijah replied, "And I'm an amazing boy!!!" 


I must confess, that I did cry when she left. I (pretty much) held it together until she was out of the driveway, but then I just let the tears fall as they drove away. : )

I ended up driving over to my parents house a couple days later and she did tell me, "I was sad in bed one night and was crying because I wanted to go home, but then I decided I would stay." Aww, that made my heart both happy & sad at the same time! : ) Such tenderness in her little heart! Just one of the many things I love about her!

So Happy 4th Birthday to our Sweet Abigail!


1 comment:

gloria said...

Happy birthday Abigail! Wish we could have been at your party. It looked like you had lots of fun! :) gloria