Monday, September 13, 2010

A Ballerina in the Making

Oh boy, was there some excitement in the house today! Abigail started her first ballet class this evening! She and I hurried through dinner so we could make it on time! We prayed on the way there that the Lord would give her some special friends, maybe even someone we already know! So far, there isn't anyone we know in the class, but hopefully some sweet girls for Abigail to befriend!

It's an hour long class with 20 minutes of tumbling, 20 minutes of ballet and 20 minutes of tap dancing.
She was her usual calm & quiet self, although jumping up and down inside with excitement as she waited for the class to begin.

The class began with the tumbling, so soon she was physically jumping up and down to let all that excitement out! She was supposed to be doing an "A Frame" type of thing here, but was so excited she just kept kicking her feet up in the air. Kind-of impressive, actually!

Here she was supposed to be rolling in a straight line down the pads...got a little off course...realigned herself and finished well! : )
Then it was on to the ballet part. She did so great and tried so hard to get her feet and arms into the right positions! Sometimes it was only the feet or only the arms...but it was so, so fun to see her learning & trying!

Here they were all practicing walking on their toes...something she has ALWAYS been good at and they got to swish some little things in the air to boot! Happy, happy girl!!

Next it was onto tap shoes! ALL the girls were so excited for that part! I couldn't hear much of what the teacher was saying through the glass windows, but I did hear her tell them the "right" way to walk through the room in tap shoes...which does NOT include running! I'm sure it took GREAT determination for Abigail not to run, she was so excited! I have no idea what she and the other little girl are saying here...would love to be a little fly on the wall! : ) 
Practicing marching in tap shoes...this is her "I'm really happy & excited, but trying to control myself" look. Love it!
Tapping all the different parts of their feet.

Comparing "good job" stickers from their teacher, Miss Kayla, afterward.
I am so proud of Abigail! I think it was just as fun for me to watch her as it was for her to do the class! It seems like since she was born that she's talked about being a "ballerina" ....we have no idea where it came from, except the Lord, so it is such a joy to watch her trying it out! Who knows how long she'll be doing it...maybe she'll be done halfway through the year, maybe she'll go for years, it's just wonderful to give her this opportunity right now!


3 comments:

Annie Louise said...

Way to go Abigail, you look terrific!! Such a beautiful ballerina :)
Love you, Jeanette

mlearnold said...

I love it! A girl after my own heart! Such a beautiful ballerina indeed! If there is a "recital", let me know... I will want front row seats!
Love,
Emily

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

How come we have to miss this? I am so looking forward to seeing my Abigail doing a recital! Here we are in Orange, everyone says hi!