For months now we've called Caleb our little "Monkey Boy" because he often grips things with his feet and toes. When one of us holds him, he sometimes wraps his little legs around us so tight that it feels like we could just let go and he'd still be there! So several months ago, I came across this idea for Monkey cupcakes and knew that would be his first birthday cake!
Little did I know how much the little monkey guy would love them!! : ) You can see in this picture how he's gripping my arm trying to get to that cupcake!
Well, here he is after I put it in front of him! We were trying to give him an opportunity to blow out the candle...not sure why...not that he would know how or why to do that, it's just what you do I guess! And this hasn't been a problem for neither Abigail nor Elijah...but for Caleb...well...just see for yourself!
He really did enjoy it once I got the candle away from him!
Oh yeah, he enjoyed every bite!
He got the whole treatment! The birthday song from all the waiters, which he danced to and a sundae which he shared with Grandma! He was too wrapped up in that cupcake! It was a fun day to celebrate our little Monkey Boy!
My parents had made the trek over the mountain to come celebrate with us! My Mom makes jewelry and sells it in Farmer's Markets over in Central Oregon. Her name is Julie and her business is aptly named, "Jules Jewels" so when she came she brought all (well, "some") her jewels and tools and some friends came over and we made jewelry Friday evening. It was so much fun, and there were so many pretty jewels to choose from, we are just going to have to do it again sometime!! We were having so much fun talking and playing with all the jewels I forgot to take pictures while we were actually making our necklaces and bracelets and earrings! Next time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment