We ended up being upstairs first...Santa was downstairs so we headed into Macy's to make use of their escalators when we noticed a special mailbox for mail for Santa! The kids told Joel what to write and then they dropped it in the mailbox. Elijah was fascinated with the fact that once it went in, it disappeared. He actually walked around to the back of the box (several times!) to see if he could find where it went! Abigail had Joel write, "I hope you have fun at your house!" So sweet...apparently she thought her other list would be enough for Santa to remember what she wanted.
After that we headed down to visit Santa! Unfortunately, Caleb was asleep, so we never got pictures of him sitting on Santa's lap...which is probably for the best since he probably would've just cried. Oh well. Here are the few of Elijah & Abigail though.
Talking about which pillow pet she wanted. (The Unicorn)
I know this one is totally blurry, but I had to put it in there anyway! It's just kinda classic of Elijah! : ) After that, Santa held his hands and I got the second one. I'm sure he's used to that and many, many other things!
4 comments:
You didn't have to pay for the pictures there, huh? Priceless pics! I think Abby's palm tree is reminiscent of SC, what do you think? Thanks for posting all the new pictures! G & G Woodard
They look so cute on Santa's lap. I was always afraid of Santa, I never sat on his lap--so I totally understand if Caleb would have cried :) Actually we went to a garden with some girlfriends, about 10 years, where there was a Santa, everyone sat on Santa's lap, I snapped the picture and that was it--I did not go anywhere near him--kinda funny now that I think about. I hate the feel of fur, so maybe thats why I did not want to sit on his lap, all that fur around his costume, same with the easter bunny :) Anywho, did not mean to turn this into a therapy session. Love the pictures, Abigail looks beautiful in her dress, and Elijah looks quite the young man.
Love, Jeanette
You're so funny, Aunt Jeanette!! I hope getting all those fears and realizations typed out into actual words helped just a bit! : ) We have pictures of Elijah sitting on Santa's lap crying when he was 11 months old. Wanted one of Caleb this year, but oh well... hopefully it won't scar him too much! : ) I did snap the one of him sleeping so we all know he was there with us! : )
Hey Mom W! No, we didn't have to pay for the pictures! I was ready to be all sneaky and everything! Then I noticed someone ahead of us put their child on Santa's lap and stand there and take the picture! They said, "we welcome all visits to Santa!" ...so kind! And yes, the palm tree Christmas tree must be from her recesses of her memories of the Christmas we spent at the beach in Charleston! : ) Miss you & love you!
Post a Comment