Friday, March 11, 2011

A perfect Friday morning...

for a trip to the Zoo with friends!  
Shawn & Christena Werdebaugh are in process of raising support to move to Slovenia to be missionaries with Josiah Venture. We met them through my parents at Crooked River Ranch, Oregon. They moved there shortly after Joel and I moved to Slovenia and became near and dear to my parents. Their whole family was in Slovenia as summer interns while Joel and I were still there and we spent lots of time together. Since moving back to the states, we've gotten together several more times...it's always energetic and fun with the now 7 kids between us! So today we ventured over to the Zoo to enjoy some time together and let the kids run free for a couple hours.

We bought a Zoo Pass last May and have gone at least once a month this past year. I haven't posted any pictures from the trips because they are almost always the same ones each time we go! : ) Today though, my goal was to get some of Caleb with the animals. Up til now, most of his zoo trips have been spent in the stroller, so today we let him roam around a bit more. I'm actually working on a digital scrapbook (through Picaboo...an amazing collection of digital scrapbooks, so creative and easy to use! Check it out!) of our year in pictures from the Zoo trips. That will be a fun treasure to have to remember this year for our family!

3 comments:

mlearnold said...

Such fun! And what a beautiful day to go! We almost went today, but we didn't-hoping to go when my parents are here next week. Maybe we'll get a nice day like today! :)

Amy Woodard said...

Oh how funny, Emily! The last time I went was with you! It would've been fun to bump into you there too! We'll have to go again sometime soon!

Chris & Julie Sorensen said...

It was so nice to see all the kids together. Shawn and Christena really enjoyed that visit. Now, they are busy going to Home Bible studies, meeting with folks. I hope it is a very productive time for them as they get a little closeer to being ready to go.