Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Trick-or-treating was so fun this year!! It had been raining showers all day--and week--but the Lord cleared up the skies for about 3 hours and it was a dry evening during the trick-or-treating! Thank you God! We started the evening with Lindsey's family down the street. They invited us and a couple other families over for pizza. Katie, Lindsey's mom, had made little baggies for all the kids with candy and glow stick bracelets, string cheese fingers and apple slice mouths for snacks at dinner! It was a very fun start to the evening!

After that we headed out into the street with our little ladybug, Merilia, Papa Smurf and "Chuck the Truck" ...it was very fun! It took just a couple houses for Hannah to get the idea of walking up to the door and they give you something. She didn't quite get the idea of opening her bag for them to drop it in, but she did understand that there was candy in her bag! It was very fun watching all the kids running from house to house, zig-zagging their way up our street.

Joel had to go to the Elder's Meeting which is on every Wednesday, so he actually skipped the first hour of dinner with the guys to trick-or-treat with the kids and then headed back for the meeting. After that I stayed at the house to hand out candy with Caleb & Hannah. Abby & Elijah were able to join up with Lindsey's family for some more trick-or-treating!

 Abby started the day with "Pajama Day" at school! She was very excited about it!!
 Our little cuties!! (Abby's face was painted at school...it "was" a heart! :)
 Chuck the Truck! ;)
 Trick-or-treat!!
 I call Hannah, "Bugaboo" which I've shortened to "Bug" so I thought it was fitting that she was a ladybug for Halloween! ;)
Our neighbors down the street invite people in and have a Halloween Spread that the kids get to choose from...cookies...candy...it's yummy!
 Joel and "Bug" ;)
 After we came home, Hannah started doing her "bottom's up!" and then posing for a picture! It was so cute!

 Caleb joined her!
I left Caleb in charge of manning the door and the candy while I got Hannah to bed. He did a really great job!! I hurried through it though...I didn't want to lose our little greeter to someone at the door! ;) After that, he and I played a game of Candyland and Old Maid on the carpet near the door as we handed out candy to trick-or-treaters. It was really, really fun!
Abigail & Elijah were amazed at their "loot" of candy this year!!

No comments: