Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Birthday

My birthday fell on a Sunday this year. I was scheduled to be in the nursery at church so I managed to be ready for church early enough to swing through Starbucks for my free birthday drink to sip on while I watched the kids and chatted with friends. It was a fun start to the day!!

After church we headed home for lunch then out to get our Christmas tree. It was a cold, but sunny & beautiful day...a perfect day to pick a tree! Abigail found one she liked as well, so the Wellings gave one to her for the "kid's tree". So sweet!

It was fun to come home and prepare everything for the tree to be decorated. We turned on a fun Christmas movie and set to work! The kids are getting old enough to start helping, so I arranged piles for each of them with their different ornaments and other "kid-friendly" ones. I resisted the urge to move the ornaments that they placed on the tree and let them be wherever they were set. So what if it meant that matching ornaments were side-by-side or clusters of ornaments were arranged on one area of branches...oh well! They took pride in their placements and they were theirs to place and I had given them each a pile...right? :)

I just love getting out all the Christmas boxes...filling our basket of Christmas books that we're collecting each year, setting out the wire basket of Christmas movies that we only watch at Christmastime, watching the kids play with the Little People nativity set. It's a fun time of year with lots of fun activities, traditions and celebrations...it's just a wonderful time of year!
 

No comments: