Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thanksgiving

 Thanksgiving was a very fun family day! We started it with watching the Macy's Day Parade with the kids. It was fun to see all the enormous floats of different characters our kids have come to know and love. After that, we snacked on some cheese, crackers, salami, veggies and dip while Joel watched football and the kids played with Caleb's new birthday toys. There was such peace and contentment in the house. It was so nice.
I was just about to sit down and relax for a bit, the turkey still had an hour and half to bake. I had borrowed a puzzle from the neighbors and was looking forward to working on that for awhile with the sounds of football in the background and kiddos quietly playing. I decided to double check the temperature of the turkey and discovered that it was already done in half the time it was supposed to take! Thankfully I had lots of foil to just cover it and let it rest while Joel quickly helped get the rest of dinner made.
 Elijah found the camera and took some pictures of our food while we were getting everything ready!
The table, complete with name cards that Abby made last year!
  
 The candleabra from my Grandma. I use it every Thanksgiving!
 
 The brothers...
 The sisters...



 I like both of these pictures of Elijah & Joel, so had to post them both!

No comments: