Sunday, February 22, 2015

Valentine's Day Split!

Valentine's Day was on a Saturday this year, but it felt like it should've been on Friday. The kids had parties in their classes at school that day. I was planning on taking the girl's to visit my parent's over the weekend, so I got out our Valentine dinner plates we started enjoying the fun of the holiday earlier in the week. Including doing a couple heart hairstyles with the girls.

I'm getting a little more venturous with trying things with the girl's hair. I've learned how to French Braid this year, so I'm trying to do that more as well as try new hairstyles. Hannah sat real still for me as I tried a couple new hairstyles.



 She also got real silly at bedtime one night!

 Abby and her friend, Daniela after school on Friday. They've been friends since Kindergarten.
 Matchy-Matchy heart hairstyles. ;) Love sisters! <3 p="">

So the morning of Valentines, I made our traditional heart-shaped pancake & bacon breakfast. Hannah wanted "purple" hearts this time, so that's what we did! We quickly cleaned up and got packed and the girls and I were on the road to Gramma's house by 10:45. Monday following the weekend was President's Day so there was no school, giving us a long weekend to spend time with Grandma & Grandpa.
 These two...they spend most of their time together like this. Not always with Dad sleeping/napping but Hannah in his lap either reading books, playing on the ipad or Dad's phone. Dad told her as we were leaving on Monday, "Well, thanks for cuddling with me for two days."
Mom Sorensen was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in October--I haven't done a post about it yet. We've been treasuring all the time we can get with her and will continue to do so for as long as the Lord gives us time with her. Hair or no hair...she's still beautiful! 

Originally, I was going to take all 4 kiddos but the Monster Jam was going to be in town and Joel has been wanting to take the boys, so we did a little split over the weekend. The boys had a really, really fun time at Monster Jam! They called me afterward and Elijah told me all about everything. First thing out of his mouth was how much he enjoyed watching the tricks the guys did on the motocross bikes. Uh-oh! He's already learned how to ride his bike down the street while standing on the seat...I'm not sure I want more ideas in his head! Yikes! 

On President's Day Monday, Joel took the boys on a hike down in Troutdale, to the top of Broughten Bluff. I've climbed that with Joel before and remember it being an easy climb up but difficult to get back down. He managed to do it though and the boys really enjoyed it! They ate lunch at the top and had fun climbing around.
This image is from the internet and you can see what a straight wall it is. Yikes! I'm so thankful they made it up and down ok! ;) I love that Joel builds adventure in our boy's hearts! <3 br="">

No comments: