Saturday, September 12, 2015

Soccer Season!

Soccer season kicked off today with the Jamboree! Joel is coaching Abby's team, the U-9 girls as well as Elijah's U-8 boys team. They're both excited to have their Daddy as their Coach this year. Caleb is playing on Greg Moffat's Micros team and Hannah runs around with them at practices. It's a full schedule for sure! We're still waiting on the games schedules but we feel like we've got practices pretty well organized.

Elijah's practice is first, at 5:30pm, then Caleb's is at 5:45pm, followed by Abby's starting at 6:30pm. They're all at the same location and on Monday and Thursday nights. So far, it's worked pretty well! Deep Creek is a beautiful location for practices and games and has a great playground that all the kids enjoying playing on with their friends while they wait for their practice to begin or another sibling's to end.

The U-9 girls played the U-8 boys for their scrimmage game. It was a good match-up with the boys winning, 1-0. I could tell Abby and Elijah enjoyed playing against each other and did it well--they weren't too competitive with each other but I KNOW having Elijah on the opposing team, motivated Abby to be a little more aggressive!

Several times they were both racing for control of the ball and it was hard to know who to root for! ;) I finally just yelled, "Go Woodards!!"
Abby and Elijah, racing for the ball! Who's gonna win?! ;) 
 
 Abby took that one! ;)

I love seeing these smiles at the end of their game! Great siblings and friends!

Caleb had fun playing his Micros game too. He's on a three-team team that is filled with lots of his friends and they all played each other today. It was pretty cute watching them all run around out there. A few of them are on their third year so they've really got the hang of the game! Others still run around in a mob, chasing the ball wherever it goes. It's just so cute to watch! ;) 

 Russell, Caleb & Carson

 Hannah snapped this fun photo of Natalie and I!

Also, a couple fun photos I took after practice one night when it was a little drizzly and it ended with a beautiful, double rainbow! It was so gorgeous and big, I couldn't get it all on the camera!

 

No comments: