Joel is 39 this year!! I remember throwing him a surprise party when he turned 30. Seems like so long ago and yet...also like only a couple years ago. It's so strange how time can feel like both at the same time.
We've got a busy schedule this fall with soccer practices and games. Practice fell on Joel's birthday this year. I made him a soccer cake since it's something he enjoys and something he's knee-deep into this year. ;) I learned a technique for doing a design on a cake from the class I took a couple years ago and it was fun to put it to practice.
I'm so thankful for how Joel loves our family and leads us all well. He is a loving husband and such a great Dad to the kids--they're pretty blessed to have a Dad like him!
The kids had Friday off from school the following day, so we went to Hood River for the afternoon and picked some apples and also picked out pumpkins. The kids are tired lately with all of our busy schedules, so there were some frustrating moments mixed in with the enjoyable ones. It all came and went in waves and overall, it was an enjoyable family day, although we were wiped by the time it was finished! ;)














No comments:
Post a Comment