Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!

7 years ago yesterday, Joel and I said "I do!" And we still are! It's been amazing to walk through life with each other these past 7 years. We've had our share of joys and triumphs as well as grief and sorrow. Each experience has drawn us closer to each other as we've learned how to lean in, with each other to whatever the Lord happens to bring our way. I have learned so much from Joel about living a God-honoring life and loving people along the way. I truly am blessed to be married to such a wonderful man!With two little ones now, we have to be creative about how to celebrate! No more European road trips or flying somewhere new just because we can! At the beginning of the month we set aside 25Euros to celebrate with and as the time got closer we decided to use that money to buy something special at the store to make a special anniversary meal at home instead of going out.

Earlier in the day, Tjasa & Kathy came over to watch the kids so Joel and I could go for some coffee together and to the store to buy our food for the night. We also bought a Magnolia tree for our house as an anniversary gift to ourselves. It'll be fun to watch that grow through the years and remember this special day and time in our lives. So we fed the kids their dinner and did their bedtime then we prepared our special evening. It was so fun and enjoyable! We ended up buying fresh trout to grill and prepared garlic mashed potatoes, grilled mushrooms, greek salad and fresh bread. We especially enjoyed eating outside under our grapevines. The whole meal only cost 10 euros, so not only was it special, but we saved a lot of money! Bonus! And we had all the time we wanted because we were already at home!
Happy Anniversary Honey! I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. While you were both great people when you were single, what you have drawn out in each other through your marriage is delightful and inspiring. We love your family! Kitty

Lauree "LO" Austin said...

Happy Anniversary (late) It look like a lovely evening and I'm so glad to know you both! I enjoyed our time together in Sencur and I look forward to seeing you guys again soon!
Lauree