"Off" for ministry..."on" for home projects!
Joel has been working hard around the house this week. It's been nice to have him around, running errands as a family, organizing things around here, building things, taking out an overgrown shrub, playing with the kids, helping in the kitchen...the list could go on and on! I feel so blessed to call him my Husband!
I love that when he sets his mind to something...he does it! Sunday evening he said, "this week I'd like to organize the garage and storage area" and by Monday evening, they both were done. Including having built a new shelf for all my junking finds that have yet to have found their places in our home.

Yesterday he tackled this bush. In the spring it had a fragrant smell, but was swarming with bees, now it is full of berry looking things that aren't edible and it has grown to almost 10 feet deep and grows next to the swingset. We thought it best to just take it out since 1) we didn't really like it anyway and 2) we didn't want the kids being stung or eating the berries.
taking it apart, limb by limb
finally getting the roots out!
We're not sure if/what we'll do in it's place...whatever it is will most likely wait until next year!
Right now, I can hear his circular saw running. He must be outside doing more organizing or in the process of building a bed for Abigail! He is such a hard worker!! And I love and appreciate him!
Right now, I can hear his circular saw running. He must be outside doing more organizing or in the process of building a bed for Abigail! He is such a hard worker!! And I love and appreciate him!
1 comment:
watch out of that bush :D we have the same one. On the coast where we went this year there was a huge one, leaning over the parking spot. The berries were just "zrele"(i'm sure you know the word:P) and they make such a "nice splash"....my dad took the car to the cleaner, but i still had to clean some of the stains off...
Post a Comment