I remember being pregnant before and counting each day, if not each hour of being pregnant and here I am now, 16 weeks along and it just hit me...."I'm four months already!" I guess having two other little ones to take care of does that to a mother. I don't have as much free time to spend reading about my pregnancy week-by-week, month-by-month in books or even online.The pregnancy is going well, thankfully! I had some spotting on three different occasions, but my Doctor said it's really nothing to be worried about. I think after 4 miscarriages though, having a "worry-free" pregnancy doesn't really happen, even if it is after having two children. I haven't had any more spotting for over a week now, so hopefully all really is okay.
The main thing we learned from all those miscarriages is that it truly is the Lord who opens and closes the womb, gives life and takes it away. It's a painful lesson at times and also comforting knowing He knows all the days ordained for us and has a perfect plan for our family. With all my heart I can say, He is Good and Trustworthy!
Abigail is pretty excited about having another baby. She often talks about the baby inside her belly and even shows it to her brother! We've pretty much decided to leave this baby as a surprise as to whether it's a girl or a boy. We have one of each and love both and would be happy to have another of either. So we'll see what the Lord has for our family this time around!
No comments:
Post a Comment