Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin Time!

Carving pumpkins is something that is getting more fun with each year! I really enjoyed doing it with the older two this year. After cutting a hole in the top, we let them scrape out as much of the pulp and seeds as they could. Abby dove right in with her hands and started plopping handfuls out on the table. Elijah started out using a spoon and then gave up and, with hesitation, plunged his hands into the messy work. "Ewww" was his first response with giggles from how strange it felt in his fingers! He was just giggling and laughing at the sliminess of it all!

After cleaning it out, we gave them a couple Sharpies and let them draw their own faces! I love how Elijah's turned out! He didn't care how many eyes, noses or mouths it had, or if it had any that resembled those things at all! Abigail was a bit more precise with hers though and wanted it to have all the right things in the right places. Love those two!!

Hannah was already in bed when we were working on our pumpkins. The day before we were with her at the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchiolitis or RSV. Elijah had the same illness when he was around the same age when we lived in Slovenia. He and I were in the hospital for almost a week. Thankfully, we didn't have to be hospitalized with Hannah, I don't think very many babies are for that actually. We were at home using a humidifier, a prescription inhaler and cough medicine. She bounced back quite quickly which was really nice. It's not nice to lay with a baby who is wheezing with every breath! I'm so glad she's on the mend! We got lots of extra snuggle time with her though and that was sweet!
The next evening, Caleb had a fever and at 5:45pm was asking to be put to bed!! He's had a cough, but nothing else really came of it! I've been keeping both he and Hannah home as much as I can to keep the germs away from friends and to give them extra rest. I hope this isn't the foreshadow of how the rest of winter will go, sickness-wise! We shall see! : )

No comments: