Saturday, June 20, 2015

Our first campout of the summer!

Joel and the boys were going to be heading up for their annual Man Camp weekend so our whole family, plus one friend (Autumn, Abby's best friend) went one night early and camped out. It was so fun except for how freezing cold we were at night! I think Elijah got the best sleep of all...at least he was only up once in the night to say he was cold. The rest of us were up several times, adding layers, trying to get warm enough to sleep.
 I found out in the morning, that Autumn and Abby were freezing cold in their tent. At one point I checked on them, shone a flashlight on them and was going to move them to the van if they were cold but Autumn thought I was checking to see that they were sleeping and although she was awake from being cold, didn't say anything. Abby was curled into a ball in the bottom of her sleeping bag. Poor girls. I felt so bad that they were so cold!
 Love these two boys!! They have SO much fun in the forest! It was pure delight to watch them playing.
 This was in Caleb's "secret hideout". He told me more than once that I walked through his "walls". Whoops! ;)

 We asked one of the kids to take our picture but it must have been hard to hold it steady. ;) Oh well.

 A little blurry, but still cute. Roasting marshmallows!
 Eating S'Mores!
 It's nice to have older kiddos now that can be trusted with some freedom around the campfire.
 They were singing, "This Little Light of Mine".
 Hannah had such a hard time sleeping during the night because she was SO cold that she slept until 10 am the next morning!! 

 While the boys stayed at Man Camp, the girls and I headed to Grandma & Grandpa's for the weekend. I forgot to take pictures though, so this is what I got! ;) We had fun at the pool!

No comments: