Caleb is a Kindergartner this year! It's the first year for it to be a full-day school year too. It's a big transition for him and I'm curious how he'll do with it! I bought him a special Kindergarten book that ends with the parents crying and having a hard time saying goodbye to their kiddos at school. He said, "The parents cry?!" We read it the day before he had his "gradual entry" (when just a few of the kids in class attend one day of school before beginning a regular schedule with the entire class.) to prepare him and hopefully get him excited.
So Joel was in Alaska during the kids' first week of school. He flew home Friday morning at 7am, so I woke the kids up early and we headed to the airport to pick him up so the kids could see him before school. Caleb got an extra half hour with Daddy before heading to school.
Caleb went a little back and forth at home when he was getting ready. At one point he asked me to make his hair, spikey, but after I did it, he decided he didn't like it and rinsed it out. He was just plain nervous.
Shortly after getting to the room, the tears began. There was another little guy who was having a hard time and I wonder if that wasn't happening, if he would've been nervous, but able to power through. There was just an apprehension in the room though and he had a hard time. I asked Joel to take this picture, because it was the first time dropping a kiddo off at Kindergarten and having tears. I wasn't completely surprised and also wanted to document it because this is just part of who Caleb is. He's cautious and takes his time warming up to things. I am SO glad he did NOT have the first day that Elijah had. That would've been awful for him. I sure love my tender kiddo, Caleb.
Joel did a good job distracting Caleb by showing him pictures and videos on his phone from his trip to Alaska.
This is how I left my sweet guy, holding hands with his tender, patient teacher, Ms. Carvajal. When I picked him up at 2:00, she said, he bounced back well and had a great time. He even earned 5 Pride Prints to spend at the Pride Print Store! ;) He was definitely tired when he came home, but he'll adjust and hopefully Monday will be a better day!
I took this picture on my phone when I picked him up. Loved seeing that smile on his face!!






No comments:
Post a Comment